Sowden SoftBrew™ Coffeepot: James 4-Cup 0.7l (23.5oz)
Another of George Sowden's Italian beauties from the Milan-based designer. This coffeepot is aesthetically stunning and it's one of the easiest ways to make great coffee.
Like its teapot cousin, Jakob, the James coffeepot is made from a thick porcelain composite, which gives excellent heat retention, while the hollow-formed handle always remains cool. The SoftBrew stainless steel filter comprises thousands of microscopic holes which allow the ground coffee particles to move around the hot water, releasing their flavours.
You can easily remove the filter to prevent the coffee from over-brewing and becoming astringent. Both the pot and filter are super-easy to clean by rinsing them under a tap.
A lovely and hassle-free way to make coffee. Perfect for my single origin coffee.
- Use filtered water and don't reboil to bring the best out in your brew
- Always pre-warm the pot and filter with a little hot water (then discard) before adding your freshly ground coffee
- Use 24g ground coffee per cup. You can actually play around with the coarseness of grind but try something like the feel of sand between your fingers (as with an Aeropress/filter paper brew methods). You can actually go suprisingly fine because the holes in the steel filter are so tiny.
- CAPACITY: MAX 0.7 L
- HEIGHT: 25.4 cm
- WIDTH: 21.2 cm
- DEPTH: 20.4 cm
- MATERIALS: Jug in high quality porcelain - SUS 304 (18/8) stainless steel filter - Melamine lid
- CARE INSTRUCTION & WARNING: - All parts dishwasher safe - Do not microwave metal and wooden parts - Not suitable for stovetop use - Use caution when handling hot water - Add water making sure you do not exceed the “MAX” level - Keep out of reach of children